The history of Alicante and the surrouding area spans thousands of years. The area was sequentially inhabited by Greeks, Romans, Muslims, and Christians.
Fast forward to today, and you’ll easily understand there is more than plenty to do for lovers of art, history and culture.
Arts & history
- The City of Arts and Sciences, Valencia
- Coves del Canelobre, Busot (Alicante)
- Palmeral de Elche (palm grove) Elche (Alicante)
- Orihuela Cathedral, Orihuela
Walks & bikerides
- Orihuela Coast main trail, runs parallel to the coast line and the coastal area. Beaches can be accessed from this trail.
- Microreserve Punta de La Glea, coastal area included in the LIC of Cabo Roig with marine habitats, fossilized beach & protected plant life.
- I Love Bike (rental), La Zenia
- FamilyBikeHire.com (rental), Orihuela Costa
- Costa Blanca Bike Hire, Murcia